Charming Charlie Activates Yottaa To Advance Faster And More Secure Online Customer Experiences
Leading Fashion Accessories Company Invests in Yottaa Technology to Augment Rapid Expansion of Online Retail Infrastructure
Waltham, MA— February 23, 2016— Yottaa, the leading cloud platform for optimizing web and mobile applications, today announced that Charming Charlie, a rapidly growing women’s contemporary jewelry and accessory retailer, has selected Yottaa to optimize, accelerate, and secure the company’s online retail application.
Launched just over ten years ago, Charming Charlie has grown to over $500M in sales and more than 350 stores across North America, quickly transforming from “the best kept secret” into a flourishing global brand. Charming Charlie is known for merchandising its broad assortment of products, which includes fashion jewelry, handbags, accessories, apparel, footwear, and more, by color.
In 2015, Charming Charlie set goals to further augment revenue growth within its eCommerce channel. In order to support this goal and guarantee optimized web experiences for its growing number of online shoppers, Charming Charlie’s IT team selected Yottaa’s ContextIntelligence™ platform.
Charming Charlie leveraged Yottaa’s cloud application acceleration and security platform alongside Magento Enterprise, utilizing the following Yottaa solutions:
- AdaptiveCDN™, adds patented software to traditional delivery architectures enabling real-time management, more efficient load balancing and traffic routing, and Origin Shield technology to obfuscate server infrastructure, thereby protecting it from attacks.
- InstantON™, to accelerate dynamic content rendering like the product recommendations implemented by the Reflektion predictive analytics platform, which leverages user-specific information to present content ideal to site visitors. InstantON automatically removes user information from pages before caching the static content, and then automatically reintegrates personalized content, like color-matched products, onto the page.
- AppSequencing™, to manage the order and execution of 3rd party scripts, and, together with Yottaa’s ContextAgent™ in-browser library, implement responsive imaging – an optimization that loads images in response to visitor scrolling and clicking behavior.
- ContextSafe™, to extend application and infrastructure security beyond the data center to provide a layered defense against performance-sapping Bots and protection from security threats including cross-site scripting, SQL injection, and DDoS attacks.
“One of our goals for 2015 was to increase the performance of the Charming Charlie site,” said David M. Torres, Director of Digital Technologies at Charming Charlie. “Having a fast, frictionless experience is critical to driving conversions. Yottaa was the perfect solution to help guarantee a consistent and elevated customer experience throughout the entire site. Our close relationship with the Yottaa team and their knowledge of Magento helped us leverage Yottaa’s technology to optimize the front-end of the Charming Charlie web application. The results were incredible.”
Charming Charlie utilized ValidateIT™, a traffic-splitting methodology, to test Yottaa’s impact on crucial business metrics. Against Charming Charlie’s existing implementation, Yottaa-optimized pages showed:
- A 25% improvement in Page Load Time
- An 8% improvement in eCommerce Conversion Rate
“Charming Charlie is an excellent example of how savvy IT leadership is a key element for retailers to impact business results online,” said Vick Viren Vaishnavi, President and CEO of Yottaa. “By uniting technology and line-of-business operations to elevate its customers’ shopping experience, Charming Charlie has significantly enhanced customer experience resulting in a 25% increase in performance and consequently, an 8% increase in overall conversions.”
About Charming Charlie
Charming Charlie is a women’s contemporary jewelry and accessories retailer that offers unrivaled value through high quality style and an accessible price. Launched in 2004 by Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Charlie Chanaratsopon, the brand is known for merchandising its broad assortment of product by color, which includes fashion jewelry, handbags, accessories, apparel, footwear and more, ranging in price from $5 to $150 for select limited edition items. Charming Charlie has more than 350 global retail stores across the United States, Canada and the Middle East. For more information, visit www.charmingcharlie.com.
Yottaa is the leading cloud platform for optimizing web and mobile applications. Through Yottaa’s patented ContextIntelligence™ architecture, enterprises can manage, accelerate, and secure end user experiences on all devices in real-time with zero code change. Top Internet 500 businesses have adopted Yottaa’s platform to realize billions in incremental revenue through dramatic improvements across key performance and business metrics. To learn more about how Yottaa can maximize your users’ experience, please visit www.yottaa.com or follow @yottaa on Twitter.