How-to: Add Read-only Guest Access to Google Analytics
This blog has been updated for accuracy, July 2021
Google Analytics has grown to become a powerful web analytics tool for traffic measurement, audience segmentation, e-Commerce tracking, and mobile analytics. There are many situations that you may want to provide someone “read-only” access to your Google Analytics data, such as collaborating with vendors, partners, consultants, etc.
Love gaining new and helpful data with Google Analytics? Get even more data on your site with a eCommerce Site Performance Snapshot! Try it out for free!
For those situations where “read-only” access needs to be applied, here is a step-by-step guide:
- Log into your Google Analytics account
- Click the Admin Gear in Bottom Left of screen
3. Under Account Column, click Account Access Management:
- Click + Plus Sign in top right corner, then Add users:
- Enter email address of user – user must have a google account (you don’t need a Gmail to create a Google Account)
- Choose desired permissions for user, “Read & Analyze” is the Read-Only permission. Also have the option to toggle whether to notify user by email
- Click Add in top right corner, you are done!