2nd Annual eCommerce Leaders Survey Report Identifies Key Online Retail Initiatives And Innovation Trends For 2019
Research Interviews with 141 Retail Executives Indicate Site Performance Is A Key Driver To Increase eCommerce Conversions
Waltham, MA—January 30, 2019—Yottaa, Inc., the leading cloud platform for accelerating eCommerce, today announced the publication of a new research report titled, “2019 eCommerce Leaders Survey: Site Performance & Innovation Trends.” The objective of the research was to gather data from online retail executives to identify their key eCommerce initiatives for 2019, particularly in the area of website performance and site optimization.
For this research report, which is now in its second year, Yottaa interviewed 141 leaders from a wide range of eCommerce sites – from niche retailers to some of the biggest names in retail. In order to measure the direct impact that web performance has on the bottom line, the research focused directly on executive titles from the line of business, such as Vice President of eCommerce, rather than IT executives. Data was collected both online and via telephone during a two-week period in November of 2018.
Key takeaway: Survey respondents overwhelmingly (92%) believe that fast site performance results in higher online conversions. Below are other key findings from the report that illustrate the performance challenges many eCommerce sites face today. The full report can be downloaded here or at www.yottaa.com.
- Retailers are investing $2.6 million (on average) to optimize their eCommerce operations in the coming year
- 56% are planning to re-platform in 2019
- Unbelievably, 35% still have a “desktop first” strategy
- 92% believe a faster website leads to increased conversions
- 74% say shoppers will only wait 2-3 seconds for a page load before leaving to shop another site
- 54% cite website speed & performance as a key initiative in 2019
3rd Party eCommerce Technologies
- 70% are planning on swapping out 3rd parties this year
- Retailers are planning to add 3-5 new 3rd party technologies to their sites in 2019
- Average 3rd party eCommerce investment: $1.4 million
2018 Holiday Shopping Season Results
- Retailers experienced a 47% growth in website traffic during the Cyber 5
- Mobile conversions grew 40.2%
- Over 20 retail sites had performance issues resulting in over $100 million in lost revenue
“Following a historic holiday online shopping season, retailers are now focusing on how to carry this momentum throughout 2019,” said Rich Stendardo, CEO of Yottaa. “The new eCommerce Leaders Survey Report provides retailers with valuable insight into how eCommerce executives from some of the world’s leading retail brands are planning to optimize online shopping experience and revenue in the coming year.”
Click here to download the full report “2019 eCommerce Leaders Survey: Site Performance & Innovation Trends.”
Leading retailers, such as Carter’s, The Container Store, Hallmark, eBags, Jockey, JoAnn Fabrics, and Rockport, rely on Yottaa’s Cloud platform to accelerate and optimize the loading of 3rd party eCommerce technologies, high resolution images, and other website elements, resulting in up to 60% web performance improvements and up to 20% increases in online conversion. To learn more about how Yottaa can accelerate your eCommerce site and increase conversions, please visit www.yottaa.com or follow @yottaa on Twitter.