2020 Retail Systems Research Report: Retailers Who Neglect Digital Experience Face Serious Consequences
Publish date 08/11/2020
In the annual Retailer Website Performance Report conducted by Retail Systems Research (RSR), online retailers are evaluated and ranked based on site speed, features, user experience, responsiveness, and overall performance.
Although this year’s research was covered by the dark cloud of the global pandemic, it shed light on the areas where retailers must improve immediately. With consumers shopping primarily online, retailers that cannot rely on their online offerings’ ability to serve as their primary face to the consumers now face the very serious chance of extinction.
This report includes:
- An evaluation of mobile site performance of top Internet Retailer brands
- Brands that have performed the best (and worst) in categories such as speed, experience, and checkout process
- An analysis of current shopper perspective from 1,100 consumers
- eCommerce mobile sites are speeding up but not nearly enough
- Shoppers are very concerned about checkout and login page security (and should be!)
- Nearly 1 out of 3 shoppers report that they now complete entire transactions on their mobile device